Sunday, February 10, 2008

Out of the frying pan and into the fire!


In crafting our latest Spencer Films creation, a christmas tale involving amnesia, Chris and I have run into about every personal difference I can think of. I think that the movie should be edited together one way, but he prefers another, etc. Things like this can drive you crazy. I'm amazed at how such simple stresses such as a slight disagreement on a camera angle can kill our creative spirits almost instantly. But despite personal struggles Chris and I barrel through because we both have a drive to film, and make movies. It's fun when you can see a product coming together. The tricky part is still trying to have fun when a product seems to be strewn amongst the four corners of the earth, and you can't see how it's all working.

Most important of all though is that Chris and I are figuring how to work with each other, and work with our surrounding much better. I will be the first to admit that our newest product may suffer a little bit because of our struggles, but in a way, once it is done I feel as though It will be one of Spencer Films proudest achievements.

Note: Aforementioned movie is yet to be titled or finished, so a release date is really hard to nail down right now. If i were to guess then i'd say mid-March. Have a good one!

No comments: