Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Are you not entertained?


I was recently given an assignment to rate my 5 favorite movies, and give a synopsis of each one. That made me really think about why we like the movies we do. What are the key elements to a movie that make them resonate in us for long periods after? I have a few ideas, but I'm not here to impose an answer. It's just a thought I've been having, and wonder as to what all the answers could be. One thing can be certain though--the movie can't be lame! What is lame? Now that is also open to interpretation as well...

10 of my favorite movies... in no particular order:

The Lord of the Rings
Rocky
Gladiator
Star Wars Saga (Especially Episodes 4-6)
Stardust
Gandhi
Nacho Libre
Indiana Jones Movies
Chocolat
What About Bob?

There may be a couple comedies that I could interchange in the list occasionally, but that's pretty close to what my favorite movies are.

No comments: