Monday, April 26, 2010

Clash of the Titans


I saw the old iteration of the "Clash of the Titans" many, many years ago, and have very few memories of it. What I do remember is that it was not that good, but entertaining none-the-less. The new movie follows those same sentiments almost exactly. " Clash of the Titans" is not that good... film-making-wise, and the script is flawed on multiple levels, but it somehow squeezes out fun entertainment! I can't totally explain it, but I really liked the movie. It's not one that you will be dissecting, and delving into. It's not a movie that will be discussed in any awards ceremonies, but it is escapist fun, and it knows it. Clash doesn't try to be better than it really is, and it hits well on its intended targets. I feel comfortable recommending it to most people--so long as they know to go into the movie with the idea that it's not high art, but fun escapism.

Grade: B

3 comments:

Robin Holt said...

Good to know! I will see it then.

Chris said...

ya, I think I'd give it a B as well. it was fun. but it could have been more than it was. oh well

Spencer Psychology said...

I agree with you and Chris about the "B" rating. I love special effects-driven action adventures! I'll end up owning this one.